Monday, January 19

Purpose in an American World

It's Sunday night and Luis will be back tomorrow. I feel lonely without him; I will be excited to see him and hear about his adventure.

Over all it's been a relaxing week end. I was able to take care of some loose ends. I love starting my week feeling my life is organized! I went out to Grahams with Neil last night. We had a good time and acted silly. It's fun to just let go every once in a while.

Last night, as I stood at the bar, I started people watching. (something I do often) Grahams has particularly diverse crowd. It's a large place with 6 clubs in one. Due to the variety of music, the people cover a wide range of cultures and age , creating an interesting mix. People watching at bars is especially interesting, because through alcohol consumption, introverts become extroverts. I'm getting much better at analyzing mannerisms, speech patterns and the general demeanor of people. And I am now able to see straight through the characters people have created and see people for who they really are.

As, I watched I became bothered. Everyone seemed so desperate and lost. As I watched the hunt and games being played in between the males and females I wondered if they really had any clue as to what they were pursuing.

American Society as a whole is confused. People used to date to find a life partner. Today our culture is different. There has become such a blur between the roles of females and males. Divorce rates rise annually. Single moms, empty sex, cheating husbands. This is what we have created. All for the idea of personal independence. It seams to me that with out the idea our society once lived by (grow up, get married have babies and live happily ever after) people have no clear life purpose. They are lost.

Realization of my thoughts : Today, I am incredibly grateful for my life, Luis and the people around me because without them i would have no purpose and I would too be lost. So, Thank you!

Love,
Natalia

No comments:

Post a Comment